Wednesday, January 10, 2007

to be continued..

how i loved argentina... let me count the ways:

freddo and volta changed the way i eat icecream. they had these adorable mini sugar cones and they shaped the icecream into a swirly form resembling jimmy neutron's hair. tres adorable and delicious. the best part is that they didn't use scoops there, they were more like icecream spades and i want some so bad! their dulce de leche icecream is to die for, and cubanitos at freddo are cigar-shaped chocolate treats filled with it. it fascinates me how much icecream people consume in other countries and how not-fat the general population is. i'm a fan, for sure.

el caminito was an interesting experience. the colors were vibrant and bold and semi ghetto fabulous. natalie and i had a mini modeling shoot by the train tracks and even played leapfrog over yellow cones while the parentals shopped around. there were amateur tango dancers on the streets and the girls slit was so high that i saw her cellulite. people dressed up as statues who would randomly change positions or smile at you if you contributed to their money box that thanked you for supporting the arts. i however, did not support the arts. not because i don't, i just didnt have any effectivo on me. we sat down for a while and i ordered a .5litre beer with a rather disappointing taste.. but learning about my mom's pin collection made sipping that shitty beer worth it. i laughed so hard, you just had to be there.. i have a very funny family.. i keep thinking we should be on some kind of bilingual reality tv show. anyways, the tour we were originally supposed to take flaked and was over an hour late coming to get us, so we wound up taking a bus there and back. my mom kept warning me to hold on tight since i'm not some kind of public transportation expert (i can handle metro, thats about it) but of course, i didnt totally listen and on the way home, i found myself flailing on the bus during a not-so-abrubt stop. i fell so fast, i didnt even know how the hell it happened. but the funny part is, i took my mom down with me..! i swear she probably hated me for a while but i was too busy laughing to notice. i really didnt know until later that day that i was the one who started it.. truly, i thought my mom was falling and grabbed me with her, but i guess her grabbing me was her attempt to stop me from busting my ass on a bus. i somehow held on to the pole the whole time while my legs went out from under me. all the while, my dad and my sister just stood there watching us flop around like silly american tourists and trying to blend in with the rest of the passengers and act like they didn't know us. see.. these are the times i wish someone was filming us, even if it never made it to tv. i mean, how funny would it be to watch that 5 years from now? my mom and i have a dvd of our trip to iguacu and my favorite part of the video is when we're on the boat and we go under this massive waterfall which knocks my $10 shades off and you just see me panicking about it. so funny. i swear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good thing daniela and natalie are bloggers because i get to read your truly hilarious blogs! i just started laughing (at work) so hard at the part where you fell and brought your mom down with you. i wish i couldve been there to see your flopping around you crazy american tourist! :) glad you had a great time!

Natalie said...

Man on man, reading about your fall made me remember it so vividly that I almost peed my pants. Seriously, your face was classic and so was moms. Poor mom, her and her pin almost hit the floor thanks to you. What if her pin had pierced her bum? She would have never forgiven you. Sigh...good times.
Oh and yes, we totally need to have our crazy bi-lingual family on TV. I can feel the millions pouring in.