Monday, January 15, 2007

goodbye special ringtone

so i'm getting a new phone in a week or so which is bittersweet in a really lame way. i know it's dumb to get attached to a phone.. i mean, it doesn’t even have a camera in it and it's so very 2 years ago.. but i can't help it. my little nokia has survived multiple falls, a few angry throws, trips around the globe, a swim in a toilet, way too many boyfriends and just enough breakups. i don't even know how i'm ever going to get used to a new phone with all this bluetooth, mp3, emailing shit. the worst part is going to be transferring phone numbers, but since i have the awesomely bad habit of deleting people out of my phone in a blink, i'm pretty sure it won't be as bad as it could be.
maybe it's smart, or childish, or mean, or perhaps it's just immature, but when i get mad at people, i simply delete them from my phone. it guarantees that no matter what happens, good or bad, i'm just not going to call them. even if it gets to the point where i've forgotten about hating them or decided that i'm just over it, their numbers are out. i figure they can call me when they decide to stop being assholes and doing the shitty things that made me delete them in the first place. its silly that i have numbers in my phone from people i don't even remember meeting or who i haven’t even talked to since freshman year and i don't really bother to take them out. but if someone i actually like and see on a regular basis pisses me off to that special point, i don't even hesitate to get rid of them. suddenly, even if they meant the world to me just a moment ago, they become a thing of the past. i'm only thinking this way because i deleted someone like 5minutes ago. someone who i've deleted before and cut all ties to, but then they decide to call me weeks later to remind me that they still exist, are still an asshole, and are still one of my favorite jerks in town. they begin to inch their way back into my phone, and then back into my "favorites" list with the special ringer, and back into my life just to pull the same bullshit again. and i'm tired.
so, the point, as trite as it may be, is that i'm scrolling through right now wondering who i'm going to take the time to transfer to my new phone, and who else i'm just going to leave in the past to piss someone else off. it's a new year and i'm very tired of old drama and though my solution is immature, it's a solution nonetheless. besides, i'm enough of an asshole for the both of us.. two is just overkill. the end.

No comments: